Are you providing adequate lockers and changing facilities for your staff?
If the type of work carried out by your staff involves having to change into special clothing such as uniform or overalls, you must provide sufficient room for changing.
- be easily acessible to staff
- contain, or be close to, clothes storage and washing facilities
- provide seating for staff
- have means of hanging clothes ie. hooks or hangers
- be private
- allow for drying of clothes if possible
You should also provide some way of preventing personal clothing coming into contact with dirty or wet work clothes – perhaps in the form of lockers. Any storage areas intended for wet clothes should be well ventilated to assist the drying process.
As with all communal areas shared by staff, you should make sure that changing rooms are kept clean and are well-maintained and free from obstructions.