Guide to REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals)
At PARRS, we are always looking for products that minimise their impact on the environment. This might range from using bio-degradable packaging through to recycled material in our Roll-Step Kick-Step. Therefore we were very pleased when our partners at FORT approached us with a great new range of REACH compliant Sack Trucks.
REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) is an important European Union regulation that addresses the production and use of chemical substances in the manufacture of products. It then evaluates the impact of these products on both human health and the environment.
In the manufacture of sack trucks it is important to look at the chemicals used in the manufacture of the wheels and FORT have analysed their chemical content in order to minimise the environmental impact of their manufacture.
REACH has several aims:
- To provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
- To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use.)
- To allow the free movement of substances on the EU market.
- To enhance innovation in and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry.
- To promote the use of alternative methods for the assessment of the hazardous properties of substances e.g. quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR) and read across.
We have recently visited the FORT factory and their obsession with the environmental impact of their production is obvious. We have never visited a manufacturing plant which is so clean and focussed on environmentally friendly manufacturing practices.